Big Data tops many a list of business priorities, thanks to its growing volume, velocity, and variety. However, it is not data, but change that is the cause of anxiety to organization, bringing with it greater complexity.
The challenge here is that analytical thinking isn’t keeping pace with the rate of change in business. This is where we come in – we address the gaps.
Mu Sigma is one of the world’s largest Decision Sciences and analytics firm. We help over 140 Fortune 500 clients, across 10 industry verticals, to institutionalize data-driven decision making, and to harness Big Data. We provide our clients with a holistic ecosystem of proprietary technology platforms, processes and people. This ecosystem helps us scale the use of our unique interdisciplinary approach of combining math, business, technology, behavioral science and design thinking to operationalize Decision Science as opposed to Data Science.
Our unique approach to problem-solving using cross-industry expertise corroborates our sustainable engagement model with our clients still further, making us one of the most preferred analytics and Decision Sciences partners.
With over 3500 Decision Sciences professionals, we pride in being a category and career-defining company. As we continue to scale, we are also looking at hiring the right talent across various levels in our organization. Our unique talent management philosophy has been critically acclaimed by the likes of Harvard Business Review.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Take actions to ensure healthy growth of the engagement – with focus on high-quality delivery and client relationships
- Collaborate with the client services team to assess and take decisions regarding the health of the engagement
- Work with your team to solve complex problems. Typically, these business problems cannot be solved using a linear/single line of thought. Use first principle thinking, coupled with basics of math and technology to arrive at a robust solution design, while collaborating with the others in the team Mu Sigma Confidential
- Provide support for projects in areas ranging from core data engineering, design architecture, cloud capabilities to mathematical model building, evaluation, and operational support
- We have an open work culture, and we encourage sharing of ideas. You would see yourself sharing ideas and participating in discussions with team members across teams. You would be dealing with problems from team members, direct reports, and superiors from various backgrounds and experiences.
- Collaborate with the various business functions in Mu Sigma, like Sales, Marketing, Mu Sigma University, Talent Management and Delivery & Innovation, helping them from your experiences in delivery, and learning their way of operating, in return
- The workday stretches into late evenings and you would find yourself talking to the client, presenting insights from work and engaging the clients in discussions around growth and future pipeline development. You would have to work on defining this pipeline and ensuring growth is driven by great delivery and satisfactory client engagement
- In short, a day would involve delivery – be it brainstorming on a project, QCing codes on Python/R/SAS or whatever technology it takes, preparing a deck for delivering insights and growth, collaborating with the India Leadership to come up with new ideas and solution design, driving client conversations centered around growth and guiding team members across the lifecycle of the engagement
Skills & Competencies:
- Possess strong analytical/logical thinking skills and clarity of thought to identify and solve business problems
- Ability to learn complex businesses very quickly, define problems accurately while paying attention to detail in the solution
- Good to have experience in Excel, VBA/Macros, SQL, SAS/R
- Competency and interest in Business Technology, both academically and professionally, is preferred
- Ability to extract and analyze data from multiple sources using analytical tools
- Ability to manage and multi-task under tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership within or outside a work setting. You should be someone who frequently takes initiative and is eager to break new ground
Preferable Qualities -
- Ready to take ownership of multiple applications
- Ready to stretch beyond normal hours during build and high support activity times
- Graduated B.E/B.Tech - Computer Science or IT domain only in 2017 /2018 / 2019 / 2020